*Links in this post are affiliate links. This means I will make a small percentage off of what you purchase using these links.
But don't worry, it doesn't change the price for you! This is a small way for me to "keep the lights on" for the blog!
1. Cover Up: I bought this cover up pack before things got bad with the pandemic. Eddie and I were supposed to go on a trip to a gorgeous resort in St. Lucia for our ten year wedding anniversary. I bought this cover up for that trip and sadly didm't get to use it for the trip - but I have gotten plenty of use out of it!
2. Sunglasses (these & these): I love designer sunglasses. I always feel like it's one of those things that just elevates an outfit. But after a spate of bad luck with sunglasses, I decided to go with some inexpensive sunnies for the summer, and these have been great!
3. Bando Notebook: I love office supplies, and I love to have a notebook to jot notes, do mind maps, and organize my thoughts. Last year I bought one from ban.do and I loved the paper in it. So when I ran out of pages, I knew I would just get another from the same brand. They have a few cute prints.
4. Caleb Water Shoes: I like to have water shoes for the kids to wear on the beach because the sand gets HOT. I loved these that he can put his foot into completely or wear as a slip on shoe.
5. A Boy Like You: There are so many books out there to encourage girls to be whatever they want to be, but it's a little more difficult to find this in books for boys. This book has beautiful illustrations and a beautiful message. Bonus points for having boys of all skin colors, ethnicities, and physical descriptors on the cover.
6. External hard Drive: My desktop crashed about a month back - a lack of hard drive space and an operating system update gave me a super scary black screen. Thankfully I was able to get it back up and running, but my last backup was in November and I lost some documents and photos. Most of it was not a big deal, but I did lose some of our photos from our trip to Europe this winter. I still have a lot on my phone, but it lit a fire under my you-know-what and made me realize I needed to do two things: one - back up my computer more regularly, and two - clear up some of the photos taking up space on my hard drive. So I got myself this external hard drive (I have two others already) and have been loading my photos to that to save hard drive space on my desktop. It's incredible how tiny these things have gotten! (Don't be like me - back up your computer right now.)
7. Multicultural Markers from Crayola: Because I was always frustrated that I couldn't color people's skin tones properly with markers and Caleb had already expressed that sentiment more than once, I got this pack for him.
8. Astronaut Costume for Caleb: He's been on a space kick for a few months, and before school abruptly ended, the astronaut costume was his favorite in class. He begged us for one, and we finally gave in.
9. Badger Bug Spray: It's mosquito season and those suckers love me. I've been using this and the smell is nice. It works pretty well, too!
10. Caleb's Hair Gel: This is the hair gel we've been using on Caleb since he was about a year old. It's made with aloe, and it has a decent hold but doesn't leave hair sticky or hard. The hold wear off after a few hours, but it does the job!
This post has been sponsored by JOHNSON’S. All opinions are my own.
I get comments on Chloe’s hair all the time. “Those curls!” “She looks like Shirley Temple!” “That natural texture is gorgeous!” “Please don’t straighten her hair!”
When I first realized Chloe’s hair was curly, I was a little nervous, and actually in a little bit of denial. My hair has always been pin-straight and I always imagined a little girl with long, shiny straight hair. But once I realized how gorgeous her texture really was, I decided I would fully embrace her curls - however long they may last as her hair starts to grow out. Now those bouncy curls have every inch of my heart. I love to put my finger right into the middle of them because they are so perfectly formed and I can never believe how perfect they really are. Plus, I have come to realize that Chloe’s hair perfectly matches her personality!
When JOHNSON’S® announced their new haircare line for kids would include a formula for curly hair, I was so excited. I was already noticing that Chloe’s hair had outgrown the “baby” products offered and that she needed something much more specific for her changing hair. Their latest launch includes specialty haircare designed for a range of different kid’s hair types. They are gentle enough for developing hair and strong enough for the performance you and your kids need.
JOHNSON’S® Curl Defining formula has been such a wonderful product to use on Chloe’s hair. We use the shampoo every time we wash her hair, and I’ve noticed a difference in her curl pattern. And since it’s created by JOHNSON’S®, it’s still 100% gentle - free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates, and dyes. And it still has that No More Tears benefit that we all love from JOHNSON’S®. We have also been using the Leave-In conditioner, formulated with shea butter, to help keep her curls moisturized and defined. It leaves her curls soft, not crunchy and hard, and it helps them keep their form all day long.
I love that JOHNSON’S is growing right along with my babies, and helping me to provide them with the best products for their individual needs. You can find these and all of JOHNSON’S® for Kids haircare products in the personal care aisle at your neighborhood Walmart, Target, or on Amazon.
The Halloween decorations are up, pumpkin everything is in stores everywhere, and most of the country is feeling cooler temperatures. But here in Miami, while we might be feeling a slight change in the weather in the morning and afternoon, the truth is, it's still HOT.
So while I might be burning all the candles or diffusing all the oils to make my house feel like fall indoors, I definitely cannot rock traditional fall looks outdoors without passing out from a heatstroke. But since fall is my favorite season, here are some ways that I incorporate fall style and trends into my wardrobe, year after year.
Texture & Color
A really easy way to switch between seasons is by using rich textures. Suede, leather, and velvet all speak to the warm textures of fall. Incorporate them into shoes, handbags, and accessories to automatically update your look and bring it into the current season. These suede pointy-toed booties are a really great piece that you can wear with jeans, a dress or leggings and they just scream fall.
As far as color, I tend to lean more towards blacks, purples, and burgundy shades during the fall, but really anything that is deep and rich would help to update your look!
My nail color is usually the first thing to herald the changing of a season. The minute I can switch over to fall's deep, rich hues (and manage to squeeze in a manicure), I go for it. These are some of my go-to nail colors, year after year. And yes, I realize they are almost identical. I also love navy and dark gray colors.
Butter London Ruby Murray Nail Lacquer $15.00
Chanel Le Vernis Nail Colour 18 Rouge Noir $28.00
Essie Gel Couture Model Clicks $7.89
Add in Animal Prints
Another easy way to make your wardrobe feel more fall-worthy is to add in animal prints. Leopard is my go-to. Throw on a pair of leopard shoes, a leopard belt, or a leopard headband. It won't overwhelm your look, won't make you sweat, and you'll automatically feel more in-season. I got this headband from Aria Rose Boutique. I don't think they have them in stock anymore, but I've linked a whole bunch of leopard print accessories below!
The last way I get my look updated for fall without melting is by changing up my makeup palette. I use deeper, darker lip colors, like this bold burgundy hue from Kat Von D, appropriately called Exorcism (and which Caleb said I looked scary wearing). For eyeshadow I like to switch it up to grey and deep purples, and I love using the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics Palette.
Tell me below, what are some ways that you make your wardrobe "Miami Fall" friendly? I'd love to know!
The kids are back in school, vacation time is over, and you finally have a little time for yourself. Aside from catching up on whatever projects you laid to rest while wrangling your kids all summer long, what's next on your list?
I'm planning on picking up a couple of good books and making a dent in my "Want to Read" list, catching up on some work, and getting back into some kind of a workout routine. But I also definitely want to take care of myself with some great beauty treatments! Read on to see some of my top beauty treatments that I think you should try out.
A Hydration Facial with Dr. John Martin
I recently had the opportunity to visit Dr. John Martin's office in Coral Gables and receive a hydration facial. I had a great experience and great results from the facial. Especially after all the sun exposure, pool water, and sunscreen, my skin was in some desperate need of TLC. I had Microdermabrasion, extractions, masks, and radio frequency done, and I could definitely see and feel the difference in my skin just a couple of days afterwards! I would definitely recommend a facial at Dr. John Martin's office!
Laser Hair Removal at Semper Laser
Years ago, I did laser hair removal on my face and underarms, and I had really great results. Another area I had wanted to do for a long time was my bikini line. Since you can't have sun exposure for two weeks before or after treatment, now is the perfect time to get it done! Semper Laser in South Miami has some great deals. I've gone once and have already seen the results of my treatment - I'm sure after my 8 treatments I'll be good to go!
Is there any better way to relax and indulge? Book yourself a massage and add a scrub or exfoliation and a soak. Your skin will be in heaven! Take advantage of Miami Spa Month and the great prices available before it ends in a couple weeks!
What else are you looking forward to now that your kids are back in school?
Take it easy, mama.
Summertime, especially in sub-tropical climates, call for extra special beauty products. Add in to that being a busy mom (being busy and a mom goes without saying, but you get it...), and I need products that do double and triple duty. I've rounded up some of my favorite hair, skin, and makeup products for the summer and put them all together in this post for you. Keep reading to find out how I adjust my beauty routine for the summertime.
The constant sweating, the humidity, the pool and the beach are all wreaking havoc on my hair this time of year, so there are a few products I really love that help to keep my hair in tip top shape - that plus regular visits to my stylist for trims!
There you have it! All my summer beauty faves in one place!
South Florida Bloggers
2019 Best Parenting Blog